December 8, 2012

Sadness

It's been almost a month since I've posted anything, but there's been a lot going on. I'll do a separate post to catch up on Thanksgiving and our trip to OH to spend the holiday with my family later on.

Today, I'm going to keep it brief. Please keep our family in your prayers as we grieve over the loss of my mother-in-law. She passed away early yesterday morning after a courageous 3 year battle with both breast cancer that metastasized to her liver.

This weekend, while comforting my kids while they each deal with their grief in their own way and my husband, his dad and brother made the arrangements with the church for the services, I am reminded of a comment Alex made on the way home from school the other day:

Alex: I like Mary, Jesus and God.
Me: You really like talking about everything you learn in church, don't you?
Alex: Yes, I do. And I love the Holy Spirit because if you like the others, you can't not love the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment