October 24, 2012

From 3 to 4.....

Hard to believe that 8 years ago tonight, we were a family of 3, preparing to become a family of 4. Even though my due date wasn't until November 4, I was induced 10 days early because of having gestational diabetes and the size of the baby. Alex was born on October 25, 2004, weighing in at 9 pounds, 15 ounces. Yes, you read that right. And no, I did not have a c-section. Imagine how big he would have been had my doctor not induced me?

I was extremely lucky that he slept thru the night from day one. There were a handful of times where we'd have to get up in the middle of the night, but for the most part, I got my sleep with this one. The nights I did have to get up with him, it wasn't uncommon for John to find us asleep on the chair in the living room in the morning. I think that is one of the things I miss most - relaxing in the chair with my feet up and my baby asleep on me. So relaxing and comforting.

I do miss those baby days and have my moments where I'd love to have another just for those days alone. How could I not when I look back at this picture, taken when the little guy was just 3 days old and we were home from the hospital?


To celebrate his birthday, we took Alex shopping the other night to pick out his present. Think he likes it?

He was super excited to pick it out and take it home. Once we got home, he immediately started riding it up and down the street and got mad when we told him it was time to put it away and come inside for the night.

Fast forward to tonight, and he had a box waiting for him from my dad and step-mom when we got home from school. His words? "Look mom, that box is for me. It must be like a birthday present or something."

Yes, son, I think it was, and here's a picture of part of what was in the box:

So tomorrow, we'll celebrate by having lunch together at school and then going to soccer practice tomorrow night. We're having his party on Sunday, so the fun will continue on all weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment