July 20, 2012

What a week

This week has been a bit of a rough one, with some good bits thrown in.

I had to travel on Tuesday for work, so Monday before the kids went to bed, I got lots of hugs and Alex didn't want to stop giving them to me. He told me if he didn't let go, then I wouldn't be able to leave and would have to stay home with him.

Speaking of Alex, we've been waiting for about 2 months for one of his front teeth to come out. Last month, we joked that it would come out while we were on vacation. That didn't happen. So Monday night, I was joking around with him and told him he better not lose it while I was gone.

Guess what happened while he was eating popcorn Tuesday night, while I was sitting in a hotel room in Cleveland?
He called me after it happened and was so happy. He also told me he didn't want to leave it for the tooth fairy because I wasn't home to see it. So, we decided that he would write a note to the tooth fairy explaining that I was out of town and that he would put it under his pillow after I got home on Thursday.

My work travel ended Thursday, and what a long day it was! I had a 7 am flight, so I left the hotel at 5:15 to get to the airport. I got lucky on that first flight and had no seatmate, so I was able to stretch out and get some sleep during the flight. My next flight was a pain - I had to go from one end of the Charlotte airport to the other and had less than 30 minutes from the time I got off the first flight until they were supposed to start boarding the next one. Thankfully, they were running behind, so I had time to rest a few minutes once I got to the gate. After 7 hours of being on the road/in the air, I finally made it back to Memphis and manage to get a few hours done in the office before heading home and getting some much needed sleep!

Friday brought a relatively normal day, followed up by Wine & Cheese night at Seize the Clay. I've never done anything like that before, but went with some friends who go pretty regularly. I had a blast and am looking forward to going back and doing some more pieces after I see how this first one turned out. I also am looking at planning at taking the kids in - I think they would have fun creating their own pieces. I'm thinking this is going to be a great idea for Christmas gifts this year. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment