June 29, 2012

Hot fun in the summer

Well, not exactly. Why? Because it's too hot to go out and actually be able to do anything!



Yes, you are reading that right. At 6:15 pm, the temperature was 102 but felt like 105. It's probably a good thing I didn't look at this earlier in the day when those numbers would have been even higher.

We were supposed to head up to IL for a reunion weekend with a group of guys and their families that John went to school and played intramural hockey with at the University of Illinois. Unfortunately, I had a lot of stuff going on at work this week and we couldn't make the drive up for the weekend.

So, instead of hanging out with everyone in Champaign, I'll be spending my Saturday morning at work and then the afternoon at a baby shower for some friends. The rest of the weekend? I'm going to hole up in the house in the air conditioning and start the minor home remodeling/improvement projects I want to get working on. John's on board with what I've told him I want to do so far; I better make a list so he's fully aware of everything that's in my head that *needs* to be done. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment